Same day emergency
We will often connect you with a licensed emergency dentist within 10 minutes after you tell us about your dental emergency!
Emergency dentist open late & weekends
We know dental emergencies can happen anytime. If you are having a late night dental emergency don’t wait and suffer. Let us help you now!
Our emergency dental network will immediately help you get any medications you need sent directly to your pharmacy. We will also provide a free referral to a local dentist nearby so you can get the care you need as soon as possible.
Emergency dentist near me:
How to find urgent dental care now for same day appointments and walk-in appointments.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency you can find an emergency dentist available 24 hours a day to provide you immediate care so you don't have to end up in urgent care or an emergency room where you will often wait for several hours and spend up to 3X more than an affordable emergency dentist.
We offer immediate dental emergency services and online prescriptions and will connect you with a 24 hour dentist to address emergency dental problems with a referral for you to see a local dentist 7 days a week and as soon as possible.
Make an appointment now with our 24 hour dental team ready to help address toothaches, a knocked out tooth, a dental infection, or tooth abscess, a lost filling or any other emergency dental problem you are experiencing.
Table of contents
- 1. What is considered a true dental emergency?
- 02. The most common dental emergencies include
- 03. Emergency walk-in dentist services
- 04. What to do in a dental emergency?
- 05. Dentists open on weekends and after-hours dental emergencies
- 06. Top home remedies for tooth pain and dental emergencies
- 07. How to avoid dental emergencies
- 08. How to be prepared for emergency dental situations in advance
- 09. Ways to ease dental pain at home safely
- 10. Frequently asked questions
What is considered a true dental emergency?
Not all dental emergencies are true emergencies. A true dental emergency is a dental problem that can potentially be life threatening and needs to be addressed immediately. While some dental emergency visits can be addressed right away with antibiotics and pain medication, certain types of dental emergencies can be life threatening and can require an immediate visit to the dental emergency room or dental urgent care center nearby. If you or anyone you know is experiencing any one of these symptoms, you should immediately seek help and do not wait.
True dental emergencies that require immediate care:
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Facial Swelling
- Facial Trauma the requires stiches
- Trauma to the mouth that could affect the airway
- Loose implant or dental crown that can be aspirated
Many dental emergencies can occur overnight due to a sudden dental infection called an acute infection or abscess. Other dental emergencies can gradually start as a toothache that progressively gets worse over several days or weeks.
Dental pain and toothaches indicate a serious problem and should be evaluated by a general dentist who can evaluate the reason you are experiencing pain and provide you with an oral treatment of antibiotics or pain medication if your dental pain is caused by an infection. Dental infections can cause pus and swelling that get out of control in a short period of time and can enter your blood stream as well cause difficulty swallowing and even breathing.
Other dental emergencies involve trauma or an accident that knocked out a tooth or causes a broken tooth leading to bleeding gums and severe dental pain. If you have a knocked-out tooth or have a broken tooth that is loose, you will require an immediate dental consultation from an emergency dentist to provide you instructions on how to save your tooth and possibly allow you to re-implant it without requiring a dental implant or dental extraction.
The first 30 minutes are the most critical and any teeth that are knocked out should immediately be evaluated by a dentist or the tooth may be permanently lost or accidentally swallowed if improperly handled. Do not put your knocked-out tooth in milk or try to clean it with soap or alcohol.
The most common dental emergencies include:
- Dental infection or an abscess:
Caused by a cavity that has reached the nerve in the root canal
- Wisdom tooth infection:
Causing swelling and pain that can travel to the ears and eyes
- A broken tooth or chipped tooth: Caused by blunt trauma or a fall
- An avulsed tooth:
Occurs when a tooth is knocked out tooth by trauma
- Dental fillings or dental crowns that have fallen off: Or have broken from grinding or biting a hard object
- Chipped or fractured: Porcelain veneer or a front tooth
- Infected dental implant or dental bridge: That has become infected either from a fracture or a gum infection
- A lodged object: That has gotten stuck in-between the teeth or underneath the gums causing gum bleeding or a gum infection
- A broken denture or removable partial denture: That has cracked or lost a tooth
- A reinfected root canal tooth: With a previous completed or partially completed root canal treatment that has become re-infected and requires another root canal or tooth extraction
An emergency dentist is available to help with the following emergency dental services:
- Toothache relief or any type of tooth pain
- Sore or swollen gum relief
- Bleed gum relief
- Root canal therapy & Tooth extraction
- Dental repair for any removable appliance
- Repair of broken fillings
- Repair for lost or loose dental fillings
- Cracked tooth or broken teeth
Emergency dental care services that can be addressed quickly and with affordable rates:
Emergency dental services offered at a hospital or urgent care facilities often waste time and cost significantly more than a 24 hour dental service that can provide a dental evaluation quickly and efficiently. Dental hospitals are very uncommon and most dental offices are closed after hours and during weekends so most emergency patients are forced to go to a regular emergency room where they wait hours to be seen and where they end up leaving with nothing more than a recommendation to see a local dentist. Here are some benefits of seeing a dentist for emergencies:
Find a dentist near you
They saw me within 10 minutes and had a prescription sent to the pharmacy by my house. A+
So grateful for the emergency dentist who treated me. I was desperate and I am beyond happy with the services.
I found a dentist within minutes and got treated the same day at 11pm! Thank you so much.
Emergency walk-In dentist services:
If you are looking for an emergency walk-in dentist or dental services, you can search for an emergency dentist near based on your city. Our local dentists offer immediate dental consultations and are guaranteed to be from your state. Some emergency dentists can actually travel to your hotel or house to treat your dental emergency through a service called mobile dentistry. You can find a traveling emergency dentist that comes to you using our mobile dentistry.
What to do in a dental emergency?
If you are having a dental emergency and are wondering what to do in a dental emergency don't panic. You can make an appointment and connect with a licensed 24-hour dentist to get immediate answers to your questions and avoid a costly trip to urgent care. The first step is to determine if you are having a true dental emergency or if you have a dental emergency that can be addressed with an online prescription or with over the counter products. Some home treatment options also can help for dental emergencies but a dental consultation is always the first step.
Top home remedies for tooth pain and dental emergencies:
- Apply a cold compress to the area if it is swollen
- Take an anti-inflammatory medicine like ibuprofen or Advil
- Lost fillings can be temporarily replaced with sugar free gum
- Rinse with warm salt water gently
- Use a piece of wax to cover a sharp tooth
- Use a piece of rope wax to cover a broken filling or cracked tooth
- Use a tea bag to bite on if you are experiencing bleeding after a tooth extraction
- Use peppermint tea bags to ease your numb dental pain and sooth sensitive gums
- Use clove and garlic for their antibacterial properties and to reduce inflammation
- Hydrogen peroxide rinse to kill bacteria
- Hydrogen peroxide rinse reduces dental infection
Dentists open on weekends and after-hour dental emergencies
If you are traveling out of town or have a sudden dental emergency on a weekend or after- hours, you can find an emergency dentist 24 hours a day and even on weekends by searching for a dentist on Dentulu. You can register below for a free account and search for a dentist near you using your zip code or dental insurance.
Ways to ease dental pain at home safely:
Home remedies for toothaches and dental pain are available if you are unable to find an emergency dentist but should always be recommended by a dentist first after a consultation. This is to first determine if you are experiencing a true dental emergency or if your tooth pain is not a real emergency and can be safely treated at home. You should always talk to a dentist before using home remedies especially if you are breastfeeding or pregnant. Do not use any home remedies that you are allergic to.
Home remedies and do it yourself (DIY) practices that you should NEVER do:
- Never put an aspirin pill in your gums, vestibule, or next to a tooth or you will burn yourself with what is often referred to as an “aspirin burn.” Aspirin placed next to the tooth that hurts will not relieve your pain and will only make things worse.
- You should never wash a tooth that has been knocked out with bleach or soap as it will kill your tooth and your dentist will not be able to replant it in your mouth.
- You should not keep a tooth that has been knocked out in milk or water as it will permanently damage it. An over-the-counter solution called Hanks balanced salt solution is preferred.
- You should never ignore a swollen cheeks or a swollen area in your mouth that occurs suddenly as it can lead to a true life-threatening emergency.
- You should never try to put a fallen crown back on the tooth yourself as you can put it on incorrectly or it could come off and go down your windpipe causing life threatening emergencies.
- Don’t ignore dental pain or try and fix it by placing orajel next to a paining tooth or gums.
- Don’t try to remove an object jammed in your gums or between your teeth with a sharp object.
- Don’t try to do your own dental cleanings at home with DIY dental kits.
- Do not ever file down your own teeth under any circumstance as you can permanently damage your tooth.
- Do not try and superglue your broken denture or a denture tooth that has fallen off as you can permanently damage your denture or partial.
How to avoid dental emergencies?
The majority of dental emergencies are preventable and can be avoided if you implement several simple things to reduce the likelihood of you needing to visit a dentist with an emergency.
Here are 10 simple and affordable things you can do to prevent dental emergencies:
- Use a custom-made mouth guard when playing contact sports such as football, hockey, or boxing. A custom sport mouth guard can protect your teeth and avoid fractures of your teeth in case of trauma to the face or jaw
- Avoid chewing ice or hard foods such as nuts and raw seeds that can break or chip your teeth. Never chew on popcorn kernels, jaw breakers, hard candy and anything hard
- Wear a night guard if your clench or grind your teeth to prevent wearing down your enamel and causing loose or shifting teeth
- Get regular dental check-ups with your dentist and hygienist who can take x-rays and look for cavities and gum disease before they get worse
- Do not ignore tooth sensitivity and dental pain thinking it will get better on its own. It will likely only get worse and lead to more serious problems later
- Brush and floss your teeth after you eat in order to prevent cavities and gingivitis which can silently turn into infections
- Purchase a dental camera for home use like the MouthCAM which allows you to look at your own teeth and gums regularly and spot problems before they get worse
- Don’t use your teeth as a tool and never open any cans or bags with your teeth. Use scissors instead of using your teeth to open things
- Take your wisdom teeth out if they are impacted and have a dentist check for impacted wisdom teeth even if you do not have any pain
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush to avoid wearing down of your enamel as well as gum recession from using old or worn-down toothbrushes for too long
How to be prepared for emergency dental situations in advance?
Dental emergencies are bad enough to deal with and often occur after hours or on the weekends when most dental offices are closed. They are costly and inconvenient to deal with if you are not already prepared.
They are costly and inconvenient to deal with if you are not already prepared.
At Dentulu, we understand that dental emergencies can happen at any time, which is why we offer 24/7 access to our network of emergency dentists.
Whether you're experiencing a toothache, a chipped tooth, or a lost filling, we can connect you with a dentist who can provide the treatment you need. Simply give us a call or use our online booking system to find an available dentist near you. We'll even provide directions and contact information so you can get in touch with the dentist directly.
In most cases, we'll be able to connect you with a dentist within minutes, so you can get the care you need as soon as possible. Dentulu has you covered! We are the leading provider of 24 hour dental care, with thousands of dentists across the country available to help you at any time of day or night.
Whether you're dealing with a toothache, chipped tooth, or anything else, our dentists will be there to provide you with the care you need. And because we're open 24 hours a day, you can always find a dentist near you - no matter where you are or what time it is. So if you're ever in need of dental care, don't hesitate to give us a call. We'll be there to help you get the care you need, when you need it.
Registering with Dentulu is fast, free, and painless. Create an account and have be prepared in case of any future dental emergencies. Dentulu provides immediate access to a licensed dentist so that any unforeseen issues can be dealt with by a licensed dentist within minutes. Dentulu provides emergency dental services to patients in all 50 states and is available around the clock so you can have a piece of mind knowing you are covered. Register your free account today and experience the best dentistry has to offer.
Frequently asked questions:
Emergency dentist near me Walk-in dentist near me 24-hour emergency dentist near me Emergency dental care Urgent dental care Urgent dental care near me Emergency dental services Dentist that opens on Saturday 24-hour dentist near me Emergency dental care near me Emergency dentist